Armstrong Youth Orchestra (AYO)
The Armstrong Youth Orchestra (AYO) is is a full-scale symphonic orchestra for advanced level music students. AYO performs standard classical orchestral repertoire at a graded Level 5-6 in the state of Georgia.
We strongly recommend that students playing at this advanced level should be studying with a private instructor. If you are new to the area, we will be happy to help you find an instructor.
The Armstrong Youth Orchestra (AYO) rehearsals are on SUNDAY afternoons at 2:15 till 4:30 in the GSU Fine Arts Band Room of the Armstrong Campus. There will also be several weeks when the ensemble will break into sectionals – those locations will be announced in advance and posted in the lobby. Musicians should arrive no later than 2 p.m. to tune and get set up.
Spring 2020: Important Dates for AYO
Regular Sundays are not listed here. These are special dates added or swapped to accommodate scheduling conflicts, such as Easter, Spring Break, Senior-bash, Prom, etc.
- January 18: Sr. Concerto Competition
- January 19: First Rehearsal
- March 11: Wednesday Rehearsal
- March 15 and 22: Spring Break – NO Rehearsal
- March 26: Thursday Rehearsal
- March 29: Regular Rehearsal
- April 9: Thursday Rehearsal
- April 12: NO Rehearsal (Easter)
- April 16: Thursday Rehearsal
- April 23: Thursday Rehearsal
- May 1: Thursday DRESS REHEARSAL
- May 4: Pending Spring Concert (Fine Arts Auditorium) @ 6:30 p.m.